UPDATE: Fumes from air conditioning work at the Shentel office in Rustburg caused an evacuation Thursday afternoon, officials said.
Campbell County Public Information Officer Sherry Harding said in a news release crews responded to 94 Ewing Drive, off of U.S. 29, for reports of a chemical spill.
Officials on scene said the call came in about 2:30 p.m.
All 35 Shentel employees were asked to vacate the building as crews investigated.
No chemical spill was found. Campbell County director of public safety Tracy Fairchild said the fumes came from sealant recently applied to an air conditioning unit on the roof.
Responders helped ventilate the building. Employees were allowed back inside at 3:47 p.m. No employees reported illness or injuries, Fairchild said.
Evington Volunteer Fire Department, the Campbell County Sheriff's Office and Campbell County Public Safety and EMS all responded to the scene.