With the finish line in her sights, 13-year-old Sophie Brooks gained a new perspective of the road ahead, hopping out of the youth stroller she rode in for most of Saturday’s Virginia 10 Miler.
- Trump comments on Curry, NFL protests anger athletes
- US first lady to Invictus athletes: 'Bring home the gold'
- Meghan Markle appears at Prince Harry's Invictus Games
- Yankees clinch postseason berth by beating Blue Jays 5-1
- Some Trump supporters grumble in battleground Michigan
- Group seeks City Council support for grocery store project to aid poverty efforts in Lynchburg
- California police officer shot man, wounded fellow officer
- NKorea: Trump insult makes attack on US 'more inevitable'
Popular on Newsadvance.com
A portion of money set aside to tackle the city’s high poverty rate may be claimed by a group whose goal is to open a grocery store in a food desert area of the city.
Once the Hokies got in gear, Saturday's game was no contest. No. 13 Virginia Tech won easily against Old Dominion 38-0. Here's everything we produced: Read more
Editor’s note: This is an occasional series profiling local authors. Want to be featured, or know someone who should be included? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions. Read more